CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today was a productive day. Addison Grace read 15 words all by herself! Ayden is getting much better with his sounds and Nick's reading comprehension is getting sooo much better. God has blessed us in so many ways. He provides for us in ways we couldn't have imagined. There was a time in my life when I wouldn't have dreamed of even attempting to home school our children. I'm so thankful for all the parts of the kids daily lives I'm not missing out on! We also got our Book It materials today. It was a nice surprise. I had actually forgotten I had signed us up to participate. It starts in Oct and the kids can each earn a personal pan 1 topping pizza for 6 months. Now I just have to decide on the reading goals.

We visited with Davids parents for a little. We got to enjoy a yummy watermelon while there. In just 9 days we will be heading to Florida with my in laws. We are excited. A whole week in the sand and sun! There are still so many things I need to do first. We will still do some school work while on vacation. The twins will do their daily reading lesson and Nick will do some reading and a math worksheet. I am hoping there will be some educational places to visit near where we are staying.

Yesterday the kids and I ran to town to return some movies and pick up a prescription for David from Walgreen's. I love a good sale so we browsed the clearance isle. We got some wonderful great buys. I had been in there last week and seen some post it pads with sight words, days of the week, months of the year and other things printed on them. I instantly knew what I could use them for. The price how ever changed my mind lol. They were almost 4.00 each. We found them on sale last night for .87 each! We also got some wooden pens (super cute) for .10 each and I got a notebook for .74. So last night I stayed up and covered the front of the extra fridge in the dining room with the post it words. I covered them all in shipping tape so that as the twins learn to read each word we can check it off with a dry erase marker. This way they can quiz each other also.















0 comments: