CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Weekend from Hell

The title really says it all. A nice kid free, couple time weekend turned into a terrifying near death experience. At one point I stopped and thought " When am I going to wake up!" only to realize I wasn't asleep.

We did however survive. We've got the bruises and wounds to prove it wasn't any fun though. It's all to long to try and type and frankly I'm really tired of even thinking about it. The short, really short version is this.

We rented a canoe with a great group of people my hubby works with. We ended up in freezing water clinging to a tree screaming for help. Really uncertain if we would both make it out alive. Just typing that last sentence brings that lump back in my throat. After a long time we were pulled out of the water and ecstatic only to realize that we had to hike about 3 miles bare foot thru the woods to try and contact somebody, anybody.  A leg wound, several bruises, a black eye and 4 feet FULL of thorns later we made it to a house to use the phone. You can only imagine the shock of the poor man who answered the door. I'm not really sure I would have answered the door to us. Personally.

But like I said. We made it out alive.

I did think to make a few pictures. Here for your viewing pleasure a couple of our battle wounds.

003

004

0 comments: