CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Back at it!

Christmas was wonderful.....But I'm sure glad it's over. We took all last week off and starting back today. We had been using the Abeka program Nick had been using at the school they attended. But after doing for just a few days I realized Nicholas was barely keeping afloat with it. He struggled and would get frustrated easily. So Friday I went to the parent teacher store and purchased the math and language arts of Alpha Omega. So far it looks like we are going to like it. I love how it's broke up into 10 small work books I think Nick will like that a lot. I like the look of it. I'm just wondering if it's going to be enough. It kinda seems to easy. The spelling words are included with each L.A. lifepac. But aren't mentioned until the end of each lifepac. I'm going to have to change that. Can't expect any child to study words only one day and then take a test the next. I will introduce the words starting on Monday and continue to do a spelling test on Friday. We are excited to start our new year off as a home schooling family!

0 comments: