CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

New routine....

I finally gave in and revamped mine and the kids schedules. Before I had them broke down by 30 min to 1 hour intervals. This just does not work for me. I'm not the type of person who can be on that strict of a schedule. It normally works for maybe the first couple of days and then I forget about it and go back to winging it. I do long tho for more structure in our days. So instead I scheduled our days in blocks. Morning 1 and 2, Afternoon 1, 2 and 3. Evening 1 and 2, Night 1 and 2. I really think this is going to work much better for the kids and I. The following is my schedule:

Morning 1 (8:30-9:30)
Get up
Hair, teeth, face and clothes
Switch clothes from washer to dryer
Time with God

Morning 2 (9:30-10:30)
Make, serve and clean up breakfast
Wake, feed and dress kids
Kids will do hair and teeth
Pick up house

Afternoon 1 (11-1)
Class
Prep Lunch

Afternoon 2 (1-2)
Lunch/Free Time
Quick pick up of house

Afternoon 3 (2-4)

Class

Evening 1 (4-6)
Pick up house
Prep supper
Quick computer time (check email etc...)
Outside time w/ kids

Evening 2 (6-8)

Cook supper
clean up
movie w/family

Night 1 (8-10)
Baths
Pick up house
Kids to bed
wash a load of laundry (dry in the am)

Night 2 (10-11:30)
Computer/wind down time
Go to bed

This is our schedule for class it didn't change much at all.

Class 11-1
Bible/Memory Verse
Nick- Math, Hand writing/copy work, Spelling
Twins- Reading Lesson & Writing

Class 2-4
Nick- Reading & English
Twins- Math

Mon- Health
Tue-
Social Studies
Fri-
Science

Time goals for Nick:
(he's my day dreamer) Math 30 min, Handwriting 15 min, Spelling 15 min, Reading 30 min, English 30 min.

Nick will have a math test every other Wednesday and a spelling test every Friday. The twins won't be tested this year. They will begin spelling test and math test next year.

Each week we memorize a memory verse from the Bible. There is no testing of any kind on this. Well I need to go pick up the house now :)





0 comments: